I'm so glad you found me! I'm a San Francisco photographer, and this blog charts my journey in the ever-evolving world of photography. One of the things I love about photography is that it's a journey, not a destination. I'm constantly learning and meeting wonderful people. Please peruse the blog to your heart's content, then check out my website and feel free to contact me! (I love hearing from you.)

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow." – Imogen Cunningham

“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen

Orchids

I don't have a green thumb. Some might even call it black. The longest living plant I've ever had was a basil plant in college, and I suspect it lasted so long because we . . . kept buying new ones. I only trust myself with cactus, now, and even then I wouldn't probably buy one for myself. I swear the only reason the cat survives is that she's a good meower, anything that can't scream at me for food and water doesn't have a prayer.

But Evan's grandmother has a greener thumb than mine, and a definite way with orchids, and she asked me to take a few photos of them while they were looking their best when we were over at dinner last week. Evan was kind enough to hold some white paper behind them as I took the photos, hence the white background (which I cleaned up a little in post). Considering that I took these by lamplight I'm actually pretty pleased with the way they turned out.




Oh, and in other news my blog is now on Alltop, a pretty good way to keep up with blogs. You sign up for a subscription (it's free) and then create your own homepage which you populate with your favorite blogs, then check from time to time to see whether there are any new interesting posts. Here's a link to my page, which has all the blogs I subscribe to on it. (I'm not finished choosing blogs to add, so if yours isn't there please don't be sad!) And, you know, I subscribe to my own blog just to see what's happening with me.

2 comments:

  1. I love the white backgrounds...it really draws your eyes to the bright colors of the orchids...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY very artful. I enjoyed seeing these. I'm glad you don't ignore your camera like you do your plants LOL. I ought to subscribe to my own, so I can see what I've been up to - oh wait, I do on my Google reader.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read and cherish every single one. Go ahead, make my day.