I'm so glad you found me! I'm a San Francisco photographer, and this blog charts my journey in the ever-evolving world of photography. One of the things I love about photography is that it's a journey, not a destination. I'm constantly learning and meeting wonderful people. Please peruse the blog to your heart's content, then check out my website and feel free to contact me! (I love hearing from you.)

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow." – Imogen Cunningham

“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen

Thanks

This is a random picture, because I can't blog without one. 
After the amazing year I had in 2010, I think some thanks are long overdue. So in no particular order, great thanks go to:

-My boyfriend, for helping me and supporting me in my photography, and always taking the time when I say, "What do you think of this shot?" and then actually giving me his honest opinion. Sometimes repeated a hundred times in one day. I kid you not. I owe him more than I can ever repay.
-My friends and family, for always saying nice things about my pictures. It's really helpful to hear, guys.
-Miguel, Jose, Phoebe, all the fellow photographers who are willing to talk photography with me. Thanks for not telling me what a dork I am!
-YOU, my wonderful wonderful readers and commenters. Special thanks go to Danudin (Ron) Tammy, and Scott for their wonderful comments on many many many of my posts. I read and appreciate every comment, even if I don't reply. You have no idea how much I appreciate the concept that I am not talking to myself here on the blog, day after day. And you guys are the ones that make that possible.

To express my thanks, I'll be giving 3 8x10 prints of mine to one person who comments on this post. The winner will be able to choose from all photos I published on the blog in 2010.

The Rules: If you're going to comment, please answer this question: if you could go anywhere and photograph anything with any equipment, even allowing for time travel, what would you shoot and why? To fend off any claims of favoritism the winning answer will be chosen randomly. But I still say you should be extra creative. It's good for the soul.

I can't wait to hear what you have to say!

7 comments:

  1. First off.. congrats on so many great shots over the years!

    As for the question you pose.. it's a fairly hard one for sure. Reason it's hard is because you tossed time travel into the mix which allows for SOOOO MANY possibilities it's almost impossible to choose. I mean, I could go back to the beginning of time and shoot the start of the universe (which would be impossible since apparently there was no light!) or I could go back to the time of the dinosaurs and shoot some of them. So in order to make my choice a bit easier I am going to for-go the possibility of time travel and think of what would I shoot at this moment Today (which in itself is hard enough!). I have always been particular to landscapes and travel is always big on my list of things to do, so I would love to travel to Machu Picchu in Peru with my equipment (add to that a nice wide angle lens 16-35mm f2.8, a super telephoto 800mm f5.6, and tilt-shift 24mm f3.5) to get some great shots of the ruins! Topping things off would be a helicopter ride just above the mountains to get some different angles.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, for just a random photo, this is gorgeous and perfect composition as well as color and DOF.

    One of the reasons I've felt that I can make constructive criticism on your photos, is first of all because you have so many really great ones, and second, because you are not afraid to do the same for me.

    As to your query, since you threw in time travel I guess it would have to be me in the insane asylum in the not too distant future after I've gone crazy trying to pick just one. If I had the money I would spend the rest of my life traveling the world looking for "National Geographic" quality photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photo today is as usual a classic, and although I don't qualify to critique them I am always impressed with the xomposition of them. Thanks for noting me in your thanks although you should have put Tammy first(;-D) She is the Champ on commenting BAR NONE.
    I think being appreciated is important and the comments others make provide that to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This shot is stunning! Pretty darn good for a random shot!

    I have just found your blog, and I am intrigued by it. Your work is beautiful.

    As for where I'd go? I really love nature and natural photography, so Hawaii would be a no-brainer for me. Although there are others too... Iceland looks amazing, and I would love to travel Canada and document it in pictures. I don't know if I could decided so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all- fantastic depth of field, it accents the subject and provides beautiful background for it. Second, in this particular moment I would love to spend again some time and photograph in Vancouver. I lived there shortly several years ago, before my photography started to be a hobby, and I would like to go back and photograph well all the things I saw there- mostly would like to spend a few days in Queen Elisabeth Park to photograph flowers in June.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to reiterate that I am really proud of your photography. It's amazing what you've managed to do with it. I don't want to b considered in the competition, but I would love to have the opportunity to photograph the 1966-1969 Le Mans where the Ford GT40 raced and beat Ferrari. I feel like the racing that occurred there was some of the best in history.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your image of the day today...that shallow depth really makes this! Simply beautiful! A huge thanks out to you for posting and sharing your secrets..I have learned so much from your posts, you are always a favorite.

    There are two places I would love to go w/ my camera...first I would love to do an Alaskan cruise...I just love the area's unique beauty and the animals you can capture (how I would love a wide angled lens for those massive landscapes). My second choice would be Autumn on the NorthEast coast. I have never been and would love to see the changing of the leaves and all of those lighthouses! Boston would also be cool with all of that architecture! Now that you got me started I can't stop lol

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read and cherish every single one. Go ahead, make my day.