I'm so glad you found me! I'm a San Francisco photographer, and this blog charts my journey in the ever-evolving world of photography. One of the things I love about photography is that it's a journey, not a destination. I'm constantly learning and meeting wonderful people. Please peruse the blog to your heart's content, then check out my website and feel free to contact me! (I love hearing from you.)

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow." – Imogen Cunningham

“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen

Poppy Bud 2


Such SWEET light. My second photo stroll of the week with a willing partner. I think this is my favorite image by far.

PS Happy Pinhole Photography Day! I'll be trying my first pinhole shots out today. Wish me luck!

10 comments:

  1. Love the way the sunlight makes each and every detail glow! Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get htis? Is that broccoli?

    I love the light bouncing of the hairs on the stem. And the flare marks in the top right and bottom left corners add a good feel to this shot.

    Great choice of color in your composition.

    This is one of my favorites. and I usually don't like flower shots...

    Godd job, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Pinhole!!!

    Do you realize that all of your posts say 5 AM on them. Are you OCD with insomnia? ;), or are you like my mother who wakes up at 4 AM for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO pretty, i love poppies. never realized how much light they catch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. remind me why I live in Canada again :( - beautiful shot. I'm loving the separated background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, follow me so we can exchange comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chad, not broccoli, nope. Although it does look a bit like it. And I create the posts the night before they publish, and for some reason chose 5 am as the time they should come out. You can pretty much count on me NEVER to be awake at 5 am.

    And Andrew, I used to live in Canada. There's plenty to photograph up there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i feel like i'm in a totally magical colorful fairyland world in the photo. i know that sounds cheesy, but this is other-worldly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I love the lighting on this one.....and the crop. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read and cherish every single one. Go ahead, make my day.