I'm so glad you found me! I'm a San Francisco photographer, and this blog charts my journey in the ever-evolving world of photography. One of the things I love about photography is that it's a journey, not a destination. I'm constantly learning and meeting wonderful people. Please peruse the blog to your heart's content, then check out my website and feel free to contact me! (I love hearing from you.)

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow." – Imogen Cunningham

“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen

A Glass of Wine


Depending on where and when you are when you read this, it may be too early for a glass of wine. Here it's 11 am, so it's definitely too early for me to drink one, but I figure that posting one on the blog doesn't have to be subject to the same restrictions.

Evan and I are spending the weekend getting all of our little ducks in a row before we leave for Africa this Thursday. You know, packing, buying that last thing we need to buy (water purifier, anyone?). I'm trying to lay in a supply of blog posts but realistically it may amount to one photo every two or three days, sans words. I'm hoping you'd still stick around for that.

Right now, as we're full of anticipation and hurrying around like busy little worker bees, life seems great. We're so lucky to be living in a beautiful city, with two healthy adorable get-into-everything cats (this morning Chee was trying to fit his head into a box the size of a deck of cards - boy does that cat love boxes). I've been trying to keep a gratitude journal. I write down three things a day I'm grateful for. It takes two minutes, and there's a lot of repetition. It's an exercise that's supposed to train your brain to be more positive and therefore more immune to stress. I have no idea if it's working - I'm already pretty positive, I'd like to say, but I figure it can't hurt.

Also, I've recently purchased an Epson V600 scanner and I've been scanning film like mad over the past few days. There was a bit of a learning curve involved, but I think I've got it down now, and I'm really enjoying watching the film come to life. So expect some more film while we're away. Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read and cherish every single one. Go ahead, make my day.