I unexpectedly received a blogging award from Various more than a week ago, and I have yet to pass it on. I thought I would celebrate a photo-less day (I'm a bit sick) by handing out some awards to deserving others.
The award comes with certain terms and conditions as follows - so here they are
1. Post the award on your blog and link to the person who gave you the award. (Check her out!)
2. List seven things you love. So...
1. Photography. It's the only thing I know of, aside from its younger and flashier sibling video, that lets you basically steal and then keep little slices of time. For those of us with acquisitive personalities (right over here!) this is so satisfying. Now, if only it could keep me from wanting to acquire other things . . .
2. Travel. Duh. Amazing. New places, new foods, new people, new PHOTOS (oops, that's number 1 popping up again), and . . . less money. Well. Nothing's perfect.
3. My lovely boyfriend (who, by the way, is not really number 3. I think he knows that). He's awesome, and puts up with far more than he should.
4. My cat. Although she is still suffering from a biting problem (soft bites only, but I still don't want those), she is super affectionate most of the time, and sits at the door meowing like crazy when we get home from work.
5. Burritos. I miss them, a lot. Evan and I have long conversations in which we mostly just fantasize about Mexican food.
6. All the places I've lived: Berkeley, Montreal, Budapest, Thailand, and most of the places I have ever been.
7. Sleep, when I'm exhausted. Food, when I'm hungry. A shower after a long day of travels. I don't care if that counts as three.
Okay, now the tough part. Deserving blogs. I do read a lot of blogs, but most of them are the kind of big shots who don't want an award from the likes of me.
1. http://small-world-photography.blogspot.com/ A photographer I found through a facebook group, she's currently living in Japan, and takes lots of very nice people shots.
2. http://unqualifiedtoblog.blogspot.com/ Where I found the idea for daily photoblogging. Rob does it way differently than I do (and dare I say better?). His photos are all about technique and ideas, where I just sort of point and shoot.
3. http://shutterbugcel.blogspot.com/ Another daily photo blog. They are just kind of addictive. She's got a really nice, simple style. It's not easy to take simple photos, believe you me.
Okay, not only photoblogs, I promise. It's just that I am sort of single minded these days when it comes to my internet browsing
4. http://mironovcentral.blogspot.com/ This is NOT a photography blog, although it is full of pictures. Evan's brothers and dad have started remodeling the house they just bought, and although I seldom understand exactly what is being demolished or rebuilt in the posts, if you are so inclined you might find it interesting. The most recent post is titled 'Oops!'
5. http://brittanypiehl.wordpress.com/ A cool food blog from someone who I only barely know/have met once I think. She posts some good food pictures though. Damn! I know it's not all about the photos, really I do.
And, I think that's pretty much it. All of my blogging friends have recently apparently decided to stop blogging and live real lives, insanely enough. And I will not award a blog that won't be updated. That would just be no fun. I will leave the last two slots open though. Who knows what could happen?
And as a reward for reading such a long post with no images, here is my only real processed HDR image to date. I've processed it two ways, let me know which one you like better. I took it at sunrise on Koh Pha Ngan, when Evan and I went there for the first time.