1. Winter light and shorter days. I don't know why, but I'm getting a real kick out of our slightly changing seasons here. It's nice to see the longer shadows on the pavement, and being outside at five in the evening means magical light.
2. Unexpected warm breezes. I was in a Bart station a few days ago, and it might sound weird, but the approaching train made me feel like I was back on an island somewhere. So I closed my eyes and just enjoyed it.
3. People who are quirky. Give me someone who's passionate on a subject I've never even heard of, and I'm fascinated. I love it when you feel like you've pegged someone as a normal nine to fiver and then you find out that they cultivate bonsai religiously. Or they've written three books on vampires that haven't been published yet. (Watch out, Twilight!)
4. Good smells. Our local supermarket smells like cinnamon in the entryway right now (probably to manipulate us into a holiday spirit so we buy more groceries, but, whatever).
5. Abandoned evidence of a good time. The scene on this table made me take a picture. What a lovely setting for a good cup of coffee with a friend. I imagine they only talked of poetry and friends they had in common.
So, what about you? Something you love that no one else appreciates?