I'm so glad you found me! I'm a San Francisco photographer, and this blog charts my journey in the ever-evolving world of photography. One of the things I love about photography is that it's a journey, not a destination. I'm constantly learning and meeting wonderful people. Please peruse the blog to your heart's content, then check out my website and feel free to contact me! (I love hearing from you.)

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow." – Imogen Cunningham

“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen

Day 13 - The Garden At Dusk


So, there seems to be a garden theme so far in this blog, but I promise this won't last forever. Tonight at least I took my nifty 50mm lens off the camera, even though it is super fast and great in low light, and swapped for it my 55-250mm IS lens, the poor woman's zoom. I had forgotten what a big difference the IS makes, I was handholding at shutter speeds where I usually get blurry photos. So thanks again, Canon, for taking my money. I hope you're enjoying it.

I wish I knew the names of everything in the garden, I have no idea to call the little spiral above. It's a new leaf on some sort of flowerless plant we seem to have several of, scattered in pots around the garden. The potted plants are the ones who really seem to suffer from our haphazard watering, because they have no hope of sucking up some groundwater. Still, this one's doing well enough to bring out a few new leaves.

I think the next picture is a kind of Bird of Paradise, but I'm not sure.


While I was out, a huge black bee-like insect started gathering nectar from our white flowering tree. He was hopping pretty quickly from bud to bud, but I did get a couple shots, thanks to the zoom I was using. Check out the furry legs, I do think it is something like a bee. I wouldn't want to get stung by one of those! It was easily 2 inches in length.





That's all for today. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read and cherish every single one. Go ahead, make my day.