I'm so glad you found me! I'm a San Francisco photographer, and this blog charts my journey in the ever-evolving world of photography. One of the things I love about photography is that it's a journey, not a destination. I'm constantly learning and meeting wonderful people. Please peruse the blog to your heart's content, then check out my website and feel free to contact me! (I love hearing from you.)

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow." – Imogen Cunningham

“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen

Pink and Green


Someone said earlier that this plant is some sort of flax? Whatever it is, I love it. It's just so photogenic. I captured it here late afternoon after one of our winter rains.

12 comments:

  1. So beautiful how the light is hitting to bring out those vivid colors...this is a beauty! Love the way the leaves are drooping a bit w/ the water drops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo is invigorating, I love the colors you captured and the water droplets are so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely beautiful! Needs to be made into a postcard or something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a lot of things right to make this the excellent photo that it is. Of course by choosing the subject with such beautiful colors and shades you kicked it off on the right start. The lightest point in the photo is very well placed for the rule of thirds and the matching green background which is both out of focus and under very subdued lighting really enhances the colors of the subject. Your DOF is just right and of course the water droplets really add an element that gives the eye something else to enjoy. There are others but I'll stop here. Bottom Line: Very very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatever they said, I agree. Love the simplicity and the color contrast.

    barb p group c

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, great shot, colour, DOF, light, contrast, texture. Your logo even looks good on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and composition on this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect lighting and the water droplets are the icing on the cake. The leaves themselves are such an interesting texture and color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fine balance of light and color. The rain drops are icing. (I think it is a New Zealand flax which is in the lily family but since you are in the land where everything grows it could other things.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the color & textures!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful image! It is hard to add what others have already said. The lighting, clarity and drops of water do it for me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read and cherish every single one. Go ahead, make my day.