Film Friday - Five on a Friday
1. I LOVE summer! Even this pale, foggy substitute we have here that still entails wearing (or at least bringing) a sweater every day. I love the tomatoes, the peaches, the pluots, all the farmers market fare. And I love the late evenings. Summer, please never end.
2. I recently attached a small gizmo to my wrist that tracks all of my movements, and I do not feel like Big Brother is watching me (what's there to watch, really?). Instead, I actually love it. If you've been considering a pedometer/sleep monitor I highly, highly recommend the Jawbone UP. I've never been a fan of bracelets, but this one is easy to wear and forget about. And it keeps me active and honest, and encourages me to get enough shut eye. All of which improves my overall health, energy and happiness. A bit spendy, yes, but way worth it in my opinion. (Full disclosure: I paid for my UP just like every other customer, and Jawbone has no idea who I am.)
3. Evan's family is planning a trip to the deep South in late September, and I am so excited! I've never been south of Kentucky (not counting Florida, because Florida doesn't count as the South). Bayou, beignets and alligator wrestling, here I come!
4. Speaking of health and fitness, I recently joined a gym with Evan, and although I have always hated gyms I must say: it makes it surprisingly efficient to get a good workout! I don't even mind feeling a bit like a hamster on a wheel. It's kind of meditative, honestly.
5. Happy Weekend!! What are you up to? Let me know your exciting plans in the comment box! I've got an engagement session, a brunch, and a book club meeting to look forward to this weekend.
Want to see more? Visit Quotidian Photography.