I'm so glad you found me! I'm a San Francisco photographer, and this blog charts my journey in the ever-evolving world of photography. One of the things I love about photography is that it's a journey, not a destination. I'm constantly learning and meeting wonderful people. Please peruse the blog to your heart's content, then check out my website and feel free to contact me! (I love hearing from you.)

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow." – Imogen Cunningham

“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen

Day 144 (August 2) - Vision vs Reality

When I saw this little hanging ornament, we were at a restaurant. I had the idea for this image: out of focus background on the left, your eye comes to rest on the (rather pretty) ornament on the right. But I wasn't sure I would get the image I saw in my head. There were distractions to the right, above and below, and I couldn't move much to get the framing I wanted.

I took the shot anyway, and I'm okay with the framing, I managed to avoid most of the distractions although I still got a bit of the tree on the right in the frame. Still, the background is so busy, and lighter than the ornament, that I almost deleted this in camera. But something stopped me. I knew I could always delete it later.

Then I got home, and I still kind of liked it. So I processed it to see if I could save it.

I still don't love it. I wouldn't print it. But I'm glad it's seen the light of day here on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read and cherish every single one. Go ahead, make my day.