I'm so glad you found me! I'm a San Francisco photographer, and this blog charts my journey in the ever-evolving world of photography. One of the things I love about photography is that it's a journey, not a destination. I'm constantly learning and meeting wonderful people. Please peruse the blog to your heart's content, then check out my website and feel free to contact me! (I love hearing from you.)

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow." – Imogen Cunningham

“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen

2009 Top Ten

It's been a crazy, amazing year. I lived in Thailand, traveled to Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia (for five hours!), England, Belgium, Italy, and the Czech Republic.

I learned how to speak Thai (some).

I learned how to eat spicy food (just keep at it).

I learned how to withstand a 16 hour bus ride, not to mind middle of the night layovers, unexpected delays, and trying to figure out just what is going on when the announcement is made in a language you don't understand about why there is no forward movement at the moment.

I adopted a cat, and brought her back from Thailand to San Francisco. (Right now, she's sleeping under the covers at my feet. I think it's safe to say she might not have adjusted for the temperature difference yet.)

I helped to destroy a kitchen.

And mostly, I fell further in love with photography. Enough so that I will definitely be keeping this blog going into 2010, and I have some thoughts and ideas for expanding the content.

But I won't bore you with that. Here are my top ten favorite images from this blog in 2009. (At least, top ten for the moment. It was tough. If I had to choose again, who knows.)

Agree? Disagree? Let me know. And if you have your own favorite images post, feel free to link to it in the comments.

Hue, Vietnam

Truckee, California, USA

Ho Chi Minh City Area, Vietnam

Sapa, Vietnam

Koh Chang, Thailand

Sam Phran, Thailand

Sam Phran, Thailand

Sam Phran, Thailand

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Sagaing, Myanmar

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone! I hope you ring it in with gusto, wherever you are.

6 comments:

  1. The one with the amazing red roofs !! good choices anyway. Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. My very favorite is the very first one you posted in this post, I can't believe how lucky you were (or maybe I should say patient) to get that biker in there, awesome!

    Glad you are walking w/ us next year...Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely images! I am looking forward to spending a little time with your archives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great images! That is neat you were able to see such a variety of places!

    I love the footprints with people in the distance, that is probably my favorite photo I have seen in a while!

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos! I think the Truckee one is my favorite, but they are all excellent shots. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came over from DPS. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the footprints in the snow. I'd love to see it big on my wall. :)

    ReplyDelete