I'm so glad you found me! I'm a San Francisco photographer, and this blog charts my journey in the ever-evolving world of photography. One of the things I love about photography is that it's a journey, not a destination. I'm constantly learning and meeting wonderful people. Please peruse the blog to your heart's content, then check out my website and feel free to contact me! (I love hearing from you.)

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow." – Imogen Cunningham

“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen

Lunch on the Grass

All right, maybe that's a bit pretentious as this doesn't hold a candle to the real thing. (Side note: Poor Manet. When I googled the name of the painting all the search suggestions made by Google included the name Monet. For the want of a letter . . . ) This version also includes a lot less nudity, though. Safe for work!

The farmer's market near my work on Wednesdays has been having awesome tomatoes at ridiculous prices, so naturally I've been taking advantage. I've been using them to make sauces, eating them fried with polenta . . . delicious! Nothing better than a really good tomato, and there is such a difference between those grown outside and those that start life in a hothouse. (And don't even get me started on sun-dried tomatoes . . . it's true love.)

So anyway, plunked these down in the grass and suddenly it was a photo opportunity!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful still life...love the contrast of all of those bright primary colors! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just so darn creative. Those tomatoes look wonderful against the green grass!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read and cherish every single one. Go ahead, make my day.