I'm so glad you found me! I'm a San Francisco photographer, and this blog charts my journey in the ever-evolving world of photography. One of the things I love about photography is that it's a journey, not a destination. I'm constantly learning and meeting wonderful people. Please peruse the blog to your heart's content, then check out my website and feel free to contact me! (I love hearing from you.)

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow." – Imogen Cunningham

“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen

Happy Christmas Eve

I've always been a fan of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. It's a pretty well-written poem. Vivid, pictorial, has a great narrative. And some really wonderful word-painting. Some of my favorite lines:


The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow

Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below,


Now, granted there's no moon and no snow in this picture. And maybe it doesn't even look exactly like mid-day. But there is luster, you have to grant me that. (And I am NOT British, so I will not spell it lustre. No matter how many times you try to force me.)

This concludes the holiday poetry portion of the blog for 2010. Tune in next Dec 24th, when I attempt to illustrate

And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.


with a picture of a down pillow. Or some such nonsense.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Jessica - this is magical. I love the stars on all the lights on the bridge. Definitely lustrous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas jessica, what a fitting Christmas tree you've chosen to display your lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shot Jessica. Hope your Christmas is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank your for sharing this . I also really love this shot. Have a nice day. this is my website, please see it, i need your advice. thegreencrystal

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read and cherish every single one. Go ahead, make my day.