I'm so glad you found me! I'm a San Francisco photographer, and this blog charts my journey in the ever-evolving world of photography. One of the things I love about photography is that it's a journey, not a destination. I'm constantly learning and meeting wonderful people. Please peruse the blog to your heart's content, then check out my website and feel free to contact me! (I love hearing from you.)

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow." – Imogen Cunningham

“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen

Mouseover Monday 3 - No More Weekend Posts?

Sorry for the lack of posts over the weekend; I was very busy with all sorts of photography stuff. I'm considering taking the weekends off of blogging, anyhow. Posting seven days a week tends to eat into the time I could be using to do other things. Still, I love blogging, and I really credit this blog and having to post an image every day with the progress I see in my photography. Plus, I tend to imagine that the world stops when I fail to post on a given day, which is really not the case.

Tough call. I think I'll try it out for a few weeks and see how it goes.

Anyway, about the processing: this is the beauty of Silver Efex Pro. I just love the flexibility of their black and white conversions. Maybe next week I'll post a Lightroom B&W and compare it to an SEP conversion, just so you can see the difference. It's staggering.

50mm, f/1.6, 1/80s, ISO 250 Mouse over to see the original. 
Have you shot any good black and whites lately? I'd love to see them in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. oh i love this one! you could always have weekends silent, drop a pick with no words... ? that is definitely less time consuming i'd say, and still the pleasure of logging on, posting, keeping true to day-to-day progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity and, of course, the processing...I have been wanting this filter, but just can't seem to part w/ the $$ right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love SEP and this is no exception.....posted the following B+W in Lightroom recently.....http://mattafoto.wordpress.com/2011/05/09/just-enough-time-for-a-few-casual-shots/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read and cherish every single one. Go ahead, make my day.