I'm so glad you found me! I'm a San Francisco photographer, and this blog charts my journey in the ever-evolving world of photography. One of the things I love about photography is that it's a journey, not a destination. I'm constantly learning and meeting wonderful people. Please peruse the blog to your heart's content, then check out my website and feel free to contact me! (I love hearing from you.)

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow." – Imogen Cunningham

“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen

Safari West


We had an amazing weekend, spent with Evan's company at Safari West. If you're anywhere near Northern California and you like animals at all, you have to go. It was the two most magical days I've spent in a long time. We arrived for lunch, went on a two-hour jeep safari among herbivore-grazed fields, and then spent another 40 minutes on a walking tour of aminals in zoo-like enclosures. Then we spent the night in 'tents,' which were much swankier than the word implies. And to top it all off, in the morning we got to see some other animals up close and personal, and even touch some of them!

I can't even imagine being this tall.

I felt like a kid. I think you're supposed to outgrow this fascination with zebras and giraffes and such, but I never did. I honestly can't think of a more pleasant way to spend a couple days than seeing all our distant relatives in their natural glory. And they're fascinating! Did you know the tongue of a giraffe is ten inches long?? I didn't, but now I feel so informed.

Can we call this my Sistine Chapel homage?

1 comment:

  1. these are fantastic. you are a great animal photographer, which is a tricky, patient thing to be good at. how do you get yourself in the right place for a shot when you never know what they are going to do?

    i love both shots. the giraffe is so sharp and pure against the background.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read and cherish every single one. Go ahead, make my day.