I'm so glad you found me! I'm a San Francisco photographer, and this blog charts my journey in the ever-evolving world of photography. One of the things I love about photography is that it's a journey, not a destination. I'm constantly learning and meeting wonderful people. Please peruse the blog to your heart's content, then check out my website and feel free to contact me! (I love hearing from you.)

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow." – Imogen Cunningham

“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen

In the Reflections


I often find myself at a loss for what to write on this here blog. Images are not a problem - as I type this there are a good ten posts that have images ready and are just waiting for words to make them complete and postable. 

But what do I say about them? I often find myself with a disconnect, or a problem if priorities: which comes first, the image or the words? Should I write about the photos and perhaps not say what's on my mind at the moment, or should I write a post about a topic and then illustrate it with a photo that has absolutely nothing to do with it? 

Or should I plan ahead, and only show photos and produce posts that can do both for me? It's a bit of an open question these days, and one I've been pondering for a while, one that speaks to the very nature of this blog and what it's here for. 

I blog for a few reasons. For one, to share my work, especially personal work that doesn't have a client to appreciate and use it. Also, and maybe more importantly, to connect with all of you, and to create a place of my own on this her huge internet playground. 

So if you don't hear from me for a while, don't despair, I'm just taking a moment to rethink it all and figure out what I want to say with this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read and cherish every single one. Go ahead, make my day.