I'm so glad you found me! I'm a San Francisco photographer, and this blog charts my journey in the ever-evolving world of photography. One of the things I love about photography is that it's a journey, not a destination. I'm constantly learning and meeting wonderful people. Please peruse the blog to your heart's content, then check out my website and feel free to contact me! (I love hearing from you.)

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow." – Imogen Cunningham

“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen

Film Friday - Alec and Robyn

So, recently I've kind of been playing around with the idea of offering portrait sessions on film. I've been shooting mostly film for my personal work for several month now (so much so that it's hard to find digital photos for Wrdless Wednesday posts sometimes), and I just love the process and the results that I'm getting with film, but I couldn't decide if any of that would translate well into my professional work at all.

Let me be clear: I am not giving up on digital. I still think it's the right choice for the majority of my work right now, and I can't even imagine shooting shelter kitties with a film camera - talk about not knowing what you're going to get!

But I wanted to be able to offer something a bit different than the current average portrait, and I think that square film is something not a lot of people are shooting any more, especially when it comes to portraits.

So here are some of the photos from one of a few recent sessions I've shot on film. Alec and Robyn were total troopers, meeting me at Crissy Field so they could get a few shots with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background, only to have it disappear into fog about five minutes after they got there! Being good San Franciscans, they took it all in stride. (Fortunately, the fog lifted later and we were able to get it into some photos.) And then at the end of the session, little Nigel joined us, braving photos by the water's edge despite his deadly fear of getting wet.













*Want to see more film? Check out all the Film Friday posts!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read and cherish every single one. Go ahead, make my day.